CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Alexander Project Management is a reputable and trusted firm that offers a comprehensive construction project managemetn service for clients across Bedfordshire. We are specialists in residential projects from small extensions to large-scale housing development projects. We have over 30 years experience in the industry, so you can count on our expertise to ensure that your project progresses efficiently.
Our chartered civil engineer has a good grasp of both the technical aspects and management parts of a project. It’s like getting two professionals for the cost of one. A great deal, right?
Contact us today if you require project management for your building work. We will be your point of contact for instructing ground workers, joiners, electricians, and builders on your behalf.
CONSULTANTS IN CONSTRUCTION
We are dedicated to constructing high quality and efficient residential properties. It is our culture to carefully hand-pick our staff, suppliers, and partners which ensures we get the best workforce to cater for our projects. Our long-standing belief in high quality has made us leading consultants in the construction world and successful at what we do.
Usually, our projects are specially tailor made to suit their specific purpose. For example, some of our most remarkable projects are self-built timber frame homes. Our sister company Heathpark Ltd are leading specialists in providing high quality pre-fabricated timber frames tailored to your bespoke requirements.
WHAT IS A PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
The main function of consultants is to offer professional advice to clients in matters pertaining to their projects. They point out if a project is viable, profitable and who/what the client needs before, during and after the project. In addition, a project management consultant familiarises the construction team and stakeholders with the management processes and if necessary, conducts training.
- Assessment of employer's requirements
- Liaison with the local authority as necessary
- Advice on the appointment of Contractors/Subcontractors and their costs
- The establishment of communications, instruction and co-ordination of the professional team and the establishment of reporting systems and procedures
- Liaison with Architect/Contractors/Subcontractors ensuring that all statutory and local consents have been obtained
- Advice on the type of building contract to be utilised - placing the contract with selected Contractors/Subcontractors
- Cost control of the whole project
- Overseeing contract progress
- Client liaison during contract on progress, cost and cash flow
- Preparation and submission of detailed specification if required and tender documents for the purpose of obtaining quotations and ensuring compliance to completion
- Liaison with Architect/Contractors/Subcontractors over any amendments that may arise throughout the contract
- Liaison with selected Contractors/Subcontractors throughout the duration of the contract
- Monitor building works to ensure work is to acceptable standards and that the contractor informs the building control and the NHBC or Zurich Municipal Insurance of progress to ensure work is monitored by the appropriate body
- Chairing meetings on site with the clients and the Contractors/Subcontractors
- Monthly valuation preparation and submission of interim valuation certificate. Preparation of Contractors/Subcontractors final account and submission of final valuation certificate
- Issue of final certificate
- Preparation of snagging lists on practical completion and six months defects liability period. Ensuring remedial works are notified and carried out by Contractors/Subcontractors